Lend a hand
There is something for everyone at Shaare Zedek! You are invited to support our rabbi, staff, and lay leaders by joining a committee, spearheading a project, or contributing to our ritual life. Our many volunteer roles include the following:
- Religious Life: Lead a service, read Torah or Haftarah, give a d'var Torah, sort through old siddurim, spearhead sales of our many sifrei Torah, and more. Contact Sara or Rabbi Jonah.
- Chesed: Deliver a meal, visit a homebound senior, organize shiva minyanim, and make phone calls. Contact Katja.
- Meals: Coordinate our kiddush luncheons, develop menus for catered meals, prepare in-house communal meals, serve on our kiddush set-up/clean-up rotation. Contact the office.
- Adult Learning: Plan the year's calendar of events in conjunction with our rabbi, contract with speakers, give a class or a Shaare Zedek University talk, develop partnerships with other learning institutions, and manage relationships with partners in co-sponsored events. Contact Lianna.
- Children's Learning & Events: Support our family programming staff through project coordination, publicity, and feedback. Contact Esther.
- Social Action: Help us develop a collaborative social action agenda and activities. Contact Roz.
- Communication and Publicity: Gather content for our website, manage our social media presence, design ads, and post our events to local media outlets. Contact Julia.
- What moves you? There is plenty of room for innovation and experimentation at Shaare Zedek. If you have an idea to enhance our community, we'll support you to make it happen!